Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I will miss my 4Runner... and International Banking isn't easy... or cheap!

Well, its happening.  Im selling my 4Runner to make enough money to get to New Zealand.  Yes, the car that I love so much.  HOWEVER..... I had no idea how difficult it would be to sell!  I have gotten a ton of phone calls and whatnot for it, but everyone wants it for.... well, lets just say CHEAP.  Yes, I understand you want the car for a low price.  No, I can't sell it for $3,000..... or $4,000.  Yes, I can sell it for lower than $8,000.  Ugh, frustrating.  I wish I didn't have to sell it.  I never would if it weren't for the move.  But, sometimes things just need to go, in order to make life progress, right?  haha. 

Hoping that one of these potential buyers will be able to give me a decent price for it.... cause I know if I go to Carmax, they'll buy it off me for $5,000, and then sell it again for 10.  Yes, cause someone will pay $10 for it, I can guarantee it.  So me asking for $7,000 or $8,000 is perfectly logical I think!  Maybe Im just attached to it, and I think its worth that much, but I must not be that crazy, since other people are sellin the same car for 10,000, 12,000, etc.  Bah, whatever.  I just keep telling myself "its ok, you'll be in New Zealand soon, doing what you want to do with your life."  Just a hassle.

I also started looking into banking today.  I need a bank in NZ obviously, so I can have money.  However... I was hoping I would be able to bank with one bank internationally.  I still have a student loan in US currency (gotta love it), and I obviously will need to have savings in US currency.... but I will be paid in NZ.  So ideally, I would find a bank where I can move money between accounts without a hefty transfer fee.  But no.  Since I don't have $100,000 (not kidding, that is the number), apparently that doesn't exist.  At least not with Wachovia, Bank of America, or HSBC.  Haha.  So, the research continues in finding a place to put my money, and how to handle transferring between.  Fun fun!  Ah well..... getting closer and closer to having everything figured out.  Hopefully the transition goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment